Tuesday 18 September 2012

Quube TwoDee - a 2D platform game in a 3D shifting world, with physics!

A few years ago some friends and I decided to make an indie games company, Universal Chicken (origins of our company name can be seen here) here's one of the games that we submitted to an Avcon in previous years. 

The game is a 2D platformer in a 3D environment with physics puzzles and it feels a little like running around the face of a rubiks cube made of fruit. Pip takes the role of the main character and will jump push and fall his way through the puzzles. Also featuring a multiplayer version!

In game screen-shots and some assets.


Pip Logo


Pip rough character preliminary sketches


Pip jumping and running animation sheets


How to play sheet


Win lose assets

...Pip with lazer eyes for no particular reason...


Title screen background


And some cubes to cut out and make. :D


It was a great project to work on, the programmers game me a lot of freedom and great feedback! After Avcon we found out that there was another game called Quube so not sure about if were continuing this project or not. But i'll just leave this stuff here and maybe we'll pick it back up again. :D

3 comments:

  1. Is there any possible way I can download this game for Mac? I played it at AvCon 2011 and It was the highlight of my week! I sat there at the stand playing it for an hour straight! two years have passed and I finally remembered what the game was called! I really want this to play in spare time... Please tell me I can get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shaun! Thank you so much for contacting me!~ It was really great getting feedback from AVcon for Quube2D, and I'm really glad you found what you were looking for. I've talked to the programmer and he said that he wants to redo the game in the new Unity engine, so they're might be a revamped version incoming. I'll see if I can get the old version exported for you though. I think I remember you Shaun, you were a champ. <3 I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. hi, i'm from z89 develop, a game development company in portugal. Is this project alive? if not, would you like to relive it? we would love to workup this project. thanks

    ReplyDelete